Monday, January 30, 2012

Choice Part III


So. As I was saying.
Too many choices (in your closet, in your cabinet, at the store, on the playroom shelves) can result in
  • second guessing
  • focusing on missed opportunities 
  • overlooking the positive aspects of the final decision
  • less satisfaction with whatever we choose
  • getting overwhelmed and making no choice at all (this can be good or bad, depending on the choice!)
  • distraction from the goals behind the choice (and the pertinent criteria)
  • stress
  • overbuying (if I don't really know what I have and don't really feel like what I have is satisfying my needs)
And I feel that all these things really snuff out feelings of abundance. They make it difficult or impossible to appreciate and use what we have. To be satisfied with what we have, and to be grateful for what we have. To feel like we have what we need. To feel like we have enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment